On December 17, 2020, Robert L. Delaby was born into eternal life after a tragic accident at the young age of 50 years old. Rob was the owner and Creative Architect of Oasis Outdoor Living and Landscapes, where he was an expert in landscape and construction design with multiple certifications and awards. In addition to his professional pursuits, Rob was an active and faithful contributor to Twisted Pink and metastatic breast cancer research in support of his friend Jennifer Alderman, who lives with metastatic breast cancer. Rob’s charity and kindness towards others remain his legacy. He was especially generous and a passionate volunteer with Twisted Pink, where he contributed vast amounts of support both in time, talent, and treasure to advance outcomes for people living with metastatic breast cancer.
Twisted Pink along with friends and family of Rob wish to keep his legacy of charity and support of good works alive through the Robert L. Delaby Legacy Scholarship Award.
One person will be selected annually to attend the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting in Chicago, IL, as a patient advocate sponsored by Twisted Pink in Rob’s memory. The total value of the scholarship is estimated at $2500 to include registration, transportation and lodging.
Twisted Pink will consider nominations from individuals living with metastatic breast cancer through a submitted letter that incorporates answering the following questions and showing proof of the following criteria:
· Must be a person currently living with metastatic breast cancer and able to show proof of diagnosis. This can be a letter from your oncology practice or a copy of your medical records showing a metastatic breast cancer diagnosis.
· What does patient advocacy in the context of research mean to you?
· How will you use your experience at the ASCO meeting to help the metastatic breast cancer community and bring the perspective of the patient to the research community?
· What do you hope to gain personally from your scholarship award?
· Would you be willing to write about your experience at ASCO for a Twisted Pink news release?
To nominate yourself or someone else for the Robert L. Delaby Legacy Scholarship Award, please send a recommendation letter along with proof of diagnosis, no longer than 2 pages, to the following address by April 1, 2021:
The deadline for this year is being extended to May 1, 2021
Twisted Pink – Robert L. Delaby Advocate Award
8016 Vinecrest Avenue #2
Louisville, KY 40222